Messingwerk Plettenberg was established more than 100 years ago in 1902. However our roots can be traced back to the 19th century when the company Geck & Schmidt produced 20kgs brass plates on the same site in Plettenberg. These plates were then further processed to brass wire and sheets, initially using water power provided by the near-by Lenne River.
We are proud of our private family ownership and independence. In 1953 the Herfeld and Steinweg families acquired the business in full, which is now still in their hands several generations later.
A long tradition of investment throughout the years has ensured that Messingwerk Plettenberg is today one of the most technically advanced producers of precision strip and tubes in Europe.